Saturday, March 22, 2008

Minette Walters

Minette Walters is the author of eleven novels, two novellas, and a number of short stories. Her work, which has been published in more than thirty-five countries, has received several major awards, including two Gold Daggers from the Crime Writers’ Association in Great Britain and the Edgar Allan Poe Award from the Mystery Writers of America. Her latest book is The Chameleon's Shadow.

Anna Metcalfe interviewed Walters for the Financial Times. A couple of questions from the Q & A:

What book changed your life?

A bound volume of The Strand magazines, left to me by my grandfather. In them I discovered Sherlock Holmes and, aged eight, I knew I wanted to be a writer.

* * * *

What book do you wish you’d written?

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It’s the most perfect novel ever written.

Read the full interview.

--Marshal Zeringue