Friday, November 14, 2008

Michael Connelly

Nancy Gilson of the Columbus Dispatch interviewed Michael Connelly about his latest novel, The Brass Verdict.

Part of their dialogue:

Q: Is The Brass Verdict the first of more novels that will feature both Mickey Haller and Harry Bosch?

A: Most likely. I don't have anything planned, but obviously The Brass Verdict has set the stage for them to continue this awkward relationship. . . . On the pages where they're together, those were the pages I liked to write the most.

Q: Both Harry and Mickey age in your novels. How's that working out?

A: Maybe it was a foolish move, but at the time I didn't know I'd be writing about . . . (Harry Bosch) for years.

All the books are set in the year when they're published. . . . That's one of the things I do, so I have to live with it. . . . There's at least 15 years difference in their ages. Harry was born in 1950, . . . so he's 58 now. In The Lincoln Lawyer, Mickey Haller was about 5 or 6 when his father died . . . about 1971-72.

Q: Will you ever kill off Harry?[read on]
Read the complete interview.

--Marshal Zeringue