Saturday, August 20, 2016

Kathleen Glasgow

Kathleen Glasgow's new novel is Girl in Pieces.

From her Q&A with Joshua Flores for Germ Magazine:

What inspired you to write such an intense and brutally honest story?

I was inspired to write Charlie Davis’s story because of a girl I saw on the bus with fresh scars on her arms. I never talked to her. I never said, “Hey, I’m just like you; you aren’t alone.” I should have, and I didn’t. I had three goals in writing Girl in Pieces: to talk about how hard it is to be a girl in a world that doesn’t value your intelligence or dreams, only your body type; to write about a girl who doesn’t get better because she meets a boy, but gets to a better place because she works hard to find her voice and live her dreams; and to write the hell out of this story. I think it worked!

When did you first know you wanted to be an author?

It sounds silly, but...[read on]
Visit Kathleen Glasgow's website.

--Marshal Zeringue