Saturday, February 3, 2018

Renée Shafransky

Renée Shafransky's new novel is Tips for Living.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea of Tips for Living and your main character, Nora?

A: My mom loved mysteries, so I wanted to write I book she would’ve enjoyed. I had a disaster of a marriage, which was a springboard for Nora’s situation as a woman trying to pick up the pieces of her life after a heart-breaking betrayal. I'm a psychotherapist, so I also work with people grappling with these issues.

I wondered what it would be like to create a story about a woman who thinks she’s done with the pain and anger, but is pulled back into it when her ex and his wife move to her small town. Then they’re murdered!

Q: Your novel is set in a small town, Pequod. How important to you is setting in your writing?

A: Setting is...[read on]
Visit Renée Shafransky's website.

--Marshal Zeringue