Sunday, August 5, 2018

Tiffany Brownlee

Tiffany Brownlee was born in San Diego, California, and, as with many authors, her love for reading and writing began at an early age. Because her father was in the Navy, she and her family moved around far more often than she would have liked (she went to five elementary schools–not kidding!), but despite the many moves, her love of education, books, and writing remained.

Her family’s final move brought her to New Orleans, Louisiana, where she went on to study for and earn her B.S. in Psychology at Xavier University of Louisiana. Immediately after graduation, Brownlee began work as a Teacher’s Assistant while also pursuing a teaching certification from The University of Holy Cross. Juggling both school and work as a full-time teacher’s assistant was a little hectic for her, but she still managed to squeeze in some time to read and work on a YA novel idea that she’d thought up while rereading Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights (one of her favorite classics). That idea eventually became Wrong in All the Right Ways, her newly released debut novel.

Brownlee currently works as a middle school English teacher in New Orleans.

From her Q&A at Liv's Wonderful Escape:

What inspired you to write Wrong In All The Right Ways?

I was inspired to write Wrong in All the Right Ways when I finished rereading the book Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Originally, I ready her book while in high school, and I’m partly embarrassed to say this, but I hated it. So I gave it a few years, and after I graduated college, I picked it back up and I fell in love with it! I was obsessed, so much so that I ended up fashioning a novel that centered on a relationship just as complicated as Catherine and Heathcliff’s but this time, putting a YA spin on it to answer a new question: What would happen if foster siblings and fell in love? That’s the whole basis of Wrong in All the Right Ways: forbidden love and how to handle falling in love with...[read on]
Visit Tiffany Brownlee's website.

My Book, The Movie: Wrong in All the Right Ways.

Writers Read: Tiffany Brownlee.

The Page 69 Test: Wrong in All the Right Ways.

--Marshal Zeringue