Sunday, September 16, 2018

Mary Kubica

Mary Kubica's new novel is When the Lights Go Out.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for When the Lights Go Out, and for your characters Jessie and Eden?

A: My initial spark of an idea was the twist itself – I won’t say much about that for obvious reasons!

That said, I always try to dig deeply into the psychology of my characters, which was a tactic I employed quite a bit with this book. I loved getting inside Jessie and Eden’s minds and discovering how they were transformed by such things as love, loss, grief and unfulfilled dreams.

I thought up Jessie first – a young woman who has just lost her mother to breast cancer - and from her story created that of Eden: a woman so desperate to become a mother she’s willing to...[read on]
Visit Mary Kubica's website.

The Page 69 Test: Every Last Lie.

The Page 69 Test: When the Lights Go Out.

--Marshal Zeringue