Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Phaedra Patrick

Phaedra Patrick's new novel is The Library of Lost and Found.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for The Library of Lost and Found, and for your character Martha?

A: Libraries have always been a big inspiration for me, when I was growing up and now, still. As a child, I remember going to the library each Saturday and sitting down on the carpet to look at all the gorgeous books. I think I knew from an early age that I wanted to write books too, and to see my own work sitting on the shelves.

When I started to write The Library of Lost and Found, I had an image in my head of a small library perched on top of a hill, overlooking the crashing waves of the sea. I was also influenced by my childhood love of fairy stories, and the two came together nicely.

The inspiration for Martha’s character came from...[read on]
Visit Phaedra Patrick's website.

--Marshal Zeringue