Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Alafair Burke

Alafair Burke's latest novel is The Better Sister.

From her interview at Crime Watch:

If your life was a movie, which actor could you see playing you?

Constance Zimmer. Explaining why would require too much talking about myself, but I love her work and the characters she has selected so far.

Of your books, which is your favourite or a little bit special for you, and why?

Ack, that’s like choosing your favorite kid, but harder because unlike many parents, I actually like all my books. (That was a joke, to be clear.) The recent trilogy (The Ex, The Wife, and The Better Sister) is important to me because of what I think the books have to say about the gendered nature of violence and abuse in our society, as well as the roles that women are expected to play in...[read on]
Visit Alafair Burke's website.

The Page 69 Test: Dead Connection.

The Page 69 Test: Angel’s Tip.

The Page 69 Test: 212.

The Page 69 Test: All Day and a Night.

The Page 69 Test: The Ex.

The Page 69 Test: The Wife.

The Page 69 Test: The Better Sister.

--Marshal Zeringue