Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Abbi Waxman

Abbi Waxman's newest book is The Bookish Life of Nina Hill.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for your character Nina Hill?

A: When I was touring for my last book, Other People’s Houses, I kept meeting all these cool young women who worked in the bookstores. They were cool, smart, dressed in funky clothes, and deeply, DEEPLY in love with books. I fell in love with all of them, and decided to write them a book where they were the hero.

Q: Nina is a bookworm who works in an independent bookstore. What do you think her experiences say about the world of bookselling these days?

A: I actually think independent bookstores are having A Moment, as the press like to say. I feel that although it’s still tough to run a bookstore, the internet has actually made it possible for booklovers to get enthusiastic and excited about books again. Who knew the internet would...[read on]
Visit Abbi Waxman's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Abbi Waxman & Daisy, Jasper, and Wilbur.

Writers Read: Abbi Waxman (November 2018).

--Marshal Zeringue