Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A.J. Banner

A. J. Banner's newest novel is The Poison Garden.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: You said in our previous interview, "I have no idea where I get my ideas" for your books. Was that the case this time around too?

A: The sociopath I knew in my college years might have given me the idea (subconsciously) for the killer in The Poison Garden. I'm sure that dangerous encounter from my past will sneak into future books as well. Diabolical, narcissistic personalities make novels of psychological suspense so much more exciting, don’t you think?

Q: Poison plays a big role in the novel. Did you need to do much research to write the book?

A: For research, I loved reading Wicked Plants: The Weed That Killed Lincoln’s Mother and Other Botanical Atrocities by Amy Stewart, a fascinating A-Z rundown of plants that intoxicate, incapacitate or kill people. I also interviewed...[read on]
Visit A.J. Banner's website.

The Page 69 Test: After Nightfall.

Writers Read: A.J. Banner.

--Marshal Zeringue