Sunday, February 23, 2020

Beverly Long

Beverly Long's new suspense novel is Ten Days Gone.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for Ten Days Gone and for your characters A.L. McKittridge and Rena Morgan?

A: I started thinking about the book several years ago. I was already contracted to write another few books so I couldn’t start working on it immediately. However, I think the many months that I stewed over it in my head were ultimately very helpful.

I knew I wanted to write a suspense but more specifically, a police procedural with a twist. The police know what the crime will be, when it will happen, and even, ultimately, who the victim will be. That still doesn’t make it easy to catch the killer.

In regards to A.L. McKittridge and Rena Morgan, I wanted a pair of detectives because I think the play of one character off another is always interesting, especially when both are strong characters.

A.L. is the more experienced detective and Rena has an appropriate amount of respect for him but she’s not a pushover. She can needle A.L. in a way that others can’t. They’re both good cops who have some depth to their character, both on and off the job.

I especially like that A.L. has a...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue