Thursday, February 28, 2013

Rebecca Miller

Writer and filmmaker Rebecca Miller’s most recent book is Jacob’s Folly.

From her Q & A with Annasue McCleave Wilson at Publishers Weekly:

Is your writing influenced by the work of your father, Arthur Miller?

You can’t escape being influenced by your parents, whoever they are. I don’t know if he’s my literary father as much as my biological father, but I do think his natural economy... There’s a kind of moral inquiry in my work that isn’t completely foreign to what he was doing.

How much do you collaborate with your husband [actor Daniel Day-Lewis]?

He’s not my very first reader because I want a story to be finished enough that I know it’s something I can stand behind. He’s a wonderful reader, very honest, wonderful in terms of [understanding] humanity—what people would really do.

Will you make Jacob’s Folly into a movie?

No, I don’t think I’ll be making it into a film anytime soon, or maybe ever. It was a very hard book to...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue