Friday, June 6, 2014

Patience Bloom

Patience Bloom is a senior editor at Harlequin Books and focuses specifically on Harlequin Romantic Suspense, which gives her full license to indulge in her love of the thriller genre and all things suspense.

Her new book is Romance Is My Day Job: A Memoir of Finding Love at Last.

From Bloom's Q & A at Riffle:

What drew you to write this book?

I knew the story of me and Sam would be a fun, inspirational read. I secretly wrote the fictional version of the story before my agent encouraged me to write my memoir. I didn’t think anyone would believe our romance, but as I rewrote it as nonfiction, I discovered that the truth is way better.

What is your greatest fear as a writer?

There’s some fear of scathing criticism, but you either like my memoir or you don’t. I fear more hurting someone with what I’ve written so I might have held a few punches.

What do you do to get ready to write every day? What’s your routine?

I do write every day. On a non-work day, I write in the morning, soon after waking up. Or I’ll write when an idea pops into my head. I go right to my notebook or computer and get it down before I forget and lose the inspiration. On work days, I...[read on]
Learn more about the book and author at Patience Bloom's website.

The Page 99 Test: Romance Is My Day Job.

Writers Read: Patience Bloom.

My Book, The Movie: Romance Is My Day Job.

--Marshal Zeringue