Thursday, April 12, 2018

Anna Yen

Anna Yen's new novel is Sophia of Silicon Valley.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for Sophia of Silicon Valley, and for your main character, Sophia?

A: The idea for the book was inspired by two things. First, Steve Jobs had passed away and a lot of things were being written and/or produced about him that I didn’t find to be accurate (or fair) at all.

I wanted to show the world my perspective, as someone who used to work closely with him, that he was an incredible mentor and role model if you knew how to listen, observe and absorb.

And that’s actually probably true of anyone you interact with — we all have room to grow and learn from others but we have to look beyond the surface layer and sometimes, put on some really thick skin.

The second reason is that I had just been diagnosed with a recurrence of cancer so I was of the mindset, “What is my legacy?”

I have young nieces and nephews - and I wanted to...[read on]
Visit Anna Yen's website.

--Marshal Zeringue