Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Steve Mosby

Declan Burke interviewed Steve Mosby at Crime Always Pays.

Their opening exchange:

What crime novel would you most like to have written?

That’s an easy one for me, assuming I can get away with a thriller: GREEN RIVER RISING by Tim Willocks. I love everything about that book, from the set-up to the characters and the journey they go on. From about the fifth chapter to the last, it’s almost non-stop action and violence, and yet it also creates a really powerful emotional connection between the reader and the characters involved. It shows the best and worst of people in a setting that rapidly descends into hell, and it’s one of the few books I can read again and again. Superb stuff. Although, like most books I really admire, I tend to think ‘there’s no way on earth I could ever have written that’.
Read the entire Q & A.

The Page 99 Test: Declan Burke's The Big O.

The Page 69 Test: Steve Mosby's The 50/50 Killer.

--Marshal Zeringue