Monday, October 11, 2010

Reed Farrel Coleman

Reed Farrel Coleman’s Innocent Monster (Tyrus Books, Oct. 5, 2010) is the sixth book in his Moe Prager series.

From his Q & A with Bill Crider:

BC: I was reading on your website about the new book, and I see the title is Innocent Monster, so I'm guessing it's about vampires, right?

RFC: Is this where I stick needles in my eyes? Christ, am I sick to death of vampires. Charlaine Harris is like the nicest person alive, but can she please make it stop? Seriously, Innocent Monster is pretty far away from your basic vampire book.

BC: Okay, I guess I was wrong. I noticed that Booklist gives it a starred review that says it's "pretty much note-perfect," so where do the musicians come in?

RFC: On cue, I hope.

BC: Kidding aside, I remember that at the 2004 Bouchercon in Toronto you were campaigning to "Save Moe." Can we assume that Moe has been thoroughly saved and will be around for a while?

RFC: I think...[read on]
The Page 69 Test: Redemption Street.

The Page 69 Test: Empty Ever After.

My Book, the Movie: The Moe Prager Mystery Series.

--Marshal Zeringue