Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kim Edwards

Kim Edwards's latest novel is The Lake of Dreams.

From her Q & A at the Independent:

Choose a favourite author, and say why you like her/him

William Trevor is an author I admire; his stories are subtle and powerful, and beautifully written. When I teach, I use passages... to illuminate for students how the very structure of the sentences reflects... dramatic and thematic concerns.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

Jo March, from Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women'. I loved this book as a child, probably because Jo was one of four children, as I am, and she wanted to be a writer. I loved her strong spirit and her willingness to question convention.


* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

From the world, Marie Curie, for her passionate pursuit of science at a time when women weren't welcomed in the academy. In my life, my husband.
Read the complete Q & A.

--Marshal Zeringue