Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Elizabeth Percer

Elizabeth Percer's new book is All Stories Are Love Stories: A Novel.

From her Q & A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for your new novel, and why did you set it during an earthquake in San Francisco?

A: To write a novel, I need to come up with something I know is big enough that it will keep me mentally and emotionally occupied for two years or more. I always look for something that scares me.

An issue in my life, in the 10-15 years since I had my kids, is that having children brought to the forefront of my imagination and heart that I have three people who have my heart inside them and might run into traffic.

The process in American motherhood is to reassure children that you’ll keep them safe, but the philosopher in me knows it isn’t true…especially in this world now. It has become a big issue for me. I’m fascinated by the illusion of safety, and how...[read on]
Visit Elizabeth Percer's website.

The Page 69 Test: An Uncommon Education.

Writers Read: Elizabeth Percer (June 2012).

--Marshal Zeringue