Monday, June 13, 2016

Stephen King

Stephen King's newest novel is End of Watch. From his Rolling Stone interview with Andy Greene:
What do you hope people say about you after you're gone?

It would be nice if people said, "He worked hard. He left a rich legacy of novels and did the right things in the community." Beyond that, I don't expect much of an afterlife. I think there's more for singers and songwriters and musicians than writers.

You don't think people in 50 years will be reading The Stand?

That would be really nice. They might read The Shining. They might read Salem's Lot. I think horror novels and fantasy novels have a longer shelf life than other kinds of books. I think of big bestsellers from when I was a kid, like Seven Days in May and the novels of Irving Wallace. You get a blank look if you mention those names. That's what happens to most writers. People move on.

What music moves you the most?

The first thing that comes to mind is...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue