Sunday, October 30, 2016

Duane Swierczynski

Duane Swierczynski was nominated for an Edgar Award for Best Novel for his book, Canary, and won the Shamus Award for his PI novel, Fun and Games. He is the author of nine novels, including 2016's  Revolver.

From Swierczynski 's Q&A with Stay Thirsty Magazine:

STAY THIRSTY: Your latest novel, Revolver, covers three generations of a law enforcement family in Philadelphia. You dedicated this book to your relative Joseph T. Swierczynski who was a Philadelphia beat cop gunned down by a gangster in 1919. Did you ever dream of a career in law enforcement or is writing about crime as close as you want to get?

DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI: When I was younger I did think about it—but then again, I also wanted to be Spider-Man. It doesn't mean I'd make a good cop (or webslinger). And I can't imagine a more challenging job, especially these days. I guess the fantasy about being a cop was the idea that they really know what's going on in the world, as opposed to us civilians. But as I get older, I don't think that's the case. We're all...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue