Friday, October 11, 2019

R.H. Herron

R.H. Herron's new novel is Stolen Things.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you come up with the idea for Stolen Things, and for your characters Laurie and Jojo?

A: Great question! I was a 911 dispatcher for 17 years, so I'd always wanted to write a book about one. When I finally got the chance to do so, a scandal was happening at a local police department, in which a dispatcher's daughter was in grave danger, put there by the police officers themselves. I couldn't let go of the idea, so I fictionalized Laurie and Jojo in order to give them a better ending.

Q: Do you usually know how your novels will end before you start writing them, or do you make many changes along the way? What was the case with this book?

A: Oh, I wish I knew how they would end! I know a lot about my books before I start, but I never know the ending! I always...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue