Saturday, November 23, 2019

Amber Cowie

Amber Cowie's latest novel is Raven Lane.

From her interview at Fuse Literary:

Robyn Harding calls Raven Lane “a sexy, provocative thriller about devastating secrets and shocking behavior in one bohemian, suburban enclave.” How will you explain this book to your neighbors?

Oh boy. I moved to a cute little cul-de-sac weeks after I finished Raven Lane, which is also set on a dead-end street with close-knit neighbors. The problem? On the fictional Raven Lane, there is sex, intrigue and betrayal. I was absolutely not inspired by my real-life neighbors while I wrote, but I get flustered when I talk about it, and I think it might make me look a bit guilty. The more I write, the more conscious I am of how much reality I’m bringing into my fiction, but there are always pieces of real life that my subconscious twists around to the point where they seem completely new while I’m writing. I can only see what they are based on after I emerge from the fog of the story. Also—Raven Lane is chock full of sex scenes, so the real question is how do I explain the book to...[read on]
Visit Amber Cowie's website.

The Page 69 Test: Rapid Falls.

Writers Read: Amber Cowie (February 2019).

--Marshal Zeringue