Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Cait Murphy

Cait Murphy, author of Crazy '08: How a Cast of Cranks, Rogues, Boneheads, and Magnates Created the Greatest Year in Baseball History, answered a few questions about her book for Smithsonian Magazine.

The first exchange from the Q & A:

How did you come to write Crazy '08?

I've been a journalist for more than 20 years and wanted to try something longer form. I began scouting for ideas, considering subjects as different as ice and a famous 1928 tennis match. My father suggested I look into the 1908 season. I am a serious baseball fan, and have always been interested in the early game. When I began looking into the season, I realized that this was an idea combination of baseball and American history.
Read the entire Q & A.

Visit Cait Murphy's website.

--Marshal Zeringue