Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Simon Wood

T-Zero interviewed Simon Wood, author of Accidents Waiting To Happen.

Part of their conversation:

TZ: What authors inspired you to write in the thriller/mystery genre?

SW: There are so many teachers who have nurtured my imagination that it would take me forever to list them all, but here's a few: James M. Cain gave me a dark heart, Raymond Chandler showed me how a man of principles acts, Reginald Hill taught me it's the little things that hurt the most, Jack Higgins showed me how to lie and make it sound like the truth, Robert Crais taught me to have a sense of humor in times of trouble, Ross MacDonald told me a hero can't be bought, but rented, Walter Mosley showed me having a heart will cost me, and Barbara Vine showed me obsession has a price.
Read the entire interview.

--Marshal Zeringue