Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lawrence Block

Lawrence Block's many books include Getting Off.

From his Q & A at Crime Always Pays:

What crime novel would you most like to have written?

I never know how to answer the question. There are any number of books I admire hugely, but I can’t say I yearn to have written them; what makes them work is that they were written by their own authors. So now my answer is THE DA VINCI CODE, on the basis not of its text but of its royalties.

What fictional character would you most like to have been?

Archie Goodwin, exc. for all the dancing.

Who do you read for guilty pleasures?

Almost anything Charles Ardai publishes at Hard Case Crime.

Most satisfying writing moment?

I don’t believe I’ve ever had more sheer enjoyment writing than I did with...[read on]
--Marshal Zeringue