Sunday, June 17, 2007

Cody Mcfadyen

Cody Mcfadyen is the author of Shadow Man and The Face of Death.

From a Q & A at his website:

What are the ingredients of a good book in your genre?

Answer: I think interesting characters are the key. Yes, I know, you could say that about all genres, but it’s the most basic truth. There are only so many story lines, serial killers and plot twists. In the end, in my opinion, what is going to drive a book is to have characters that resonate with the reader, that the reader truly cares about.

In my own writing, I feel like it’s important not to write about violence in a way that makes it palatable. I think you desensitize people to violence just as much this way as you do by graphic representation.
Read the entire Q & A.

The Page 99 Test: The Face of Death.

--Marshal Zeringue