Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Robin Benway

Robin Benway is the author of Audrey, Wait!.

From a Q & A at her publisher's website:

Desert island book?

See, I’m terrible at picking just one thing. So I would have to say Nabokov’s “Lolita” and Salinger’s “Franny & Zooey.” (Little secret: I always travel with “Franny & Zooey” in my carry-on bag, just because it’s so familiar to me.) But honestly, if I’m stuck on a desert island, I’m not going to spend my time reading. I’ll be too busy figuring out a way to get the heck off that island.

Favorite city?

Los Angeles. New York holds a strong second place, but I’ve never been anywhere that feels like LA. An early summer afternoon, driving through the canyons with the bougainvillea, the way the air smells like eucalyptus, it’s so beautiful. It always feels like home, and I like having a home.

Favorite movie?

“The Royal Tenenbaums.” I saw it by myself in a movie theater and when the Rolling Stones’ “Ruby Tuesday” started to play in a scene, people in the theater sang along. I could watch it and find new details every time.
Read more of the Q & A.

Read an excerpt from Audrey, Wait!, and learn more about the book and author at Robin Benway's website and MySpace page.

Check out the Audrey, Wait! website.

Writers Read: Robin Benway.

--Marshal Zeringue