Sunday, May 31, 2009

Kathleen George

From a Q & A with Kathleen George about her new thriller, The Odds:

There are so many kinds of mystery or crime novels. Which kind are you?

KG. I was labeled a thriller writer the first three times around with TAKEN and FALLEN and AFTERIMAGE. My books are also procedurals—that is I follow and research what the police would actually do in these situations. So what I write is a combination of sub-genres. THE ODDS is, like the others, a merger of thriller and procedural. There are some very bad guys in it. And threat. And darkness. I like dark, tough stories.

Why?

KG. I don't know. I always have. Big trouble. Souls in jeopardy. People who are marked for life by some family dynamic.

Where does that come from? Your life?

KG. Probably. But...[read on]
Kathleen George is a professor of theatre at the University of Pittsburgh. She is also the author of the acclaimed novels Taken, Fallen, Afterimage, the short story collection The Man in the Buick, scholarly theatrical books and articles, and many short stories.

The Page 99 Test: Afterimage.

The Page 99 Test: The Odds.

--Marshal Zeringue