Friday, July 17, 2009

Reggie Nadelson

Three exchanges from "One Minute With: Reggie Nadelson" in Britain's Independent:

Choose a favourite author, and say why you like her/him

Alice Munro, whom I adore. I'm not normally a short story lover but she gets a whole world into a few pages and is probably the greatest stylist.

* * *

Which fictional character most resembles you?

For me and for ten million girls growing up, it was Jane Eyre . Now, I think it might be Rosalind in Shakespeare's As You Like It or a character from a Woody Allen film.

* * *

Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Right now, it's Barack Obama, the man from Krypton, our saviour: where did they get this guy? After eight years of walking around London, apologising every time for our president, I can now say "we have such a lovely one and you don't!"
Read the complete Q & A.

Visit Reggie Nadelson's website.

--Marshal Zeringue