Monday, January 10, 2011

Belinda Bauer

Belinda Bauer grew up in England and South Africa. She has worked as a journalist and screenwriter, and her script The Locker Room earned her the Carl Foreman/Bafta Award for Young British Screenwriters, an award that was presented to her by Sidney Poitier. She was a runner-up in the Rhys Davies Short Story Competition for "Mysterious Ways," about a girl stranded on a desert island with 30,000 Bibles. Her novels include Blacklands and Darkside.

From her Q & A at the Independent:

Choose a favourite authors, and say why you like her/him

Neal Stephenson, because I like writers who do what I don't think I could do. His research is astronomical but it does not sacrifice characters or plot. I read 'Cryptonomicon', set in dual time, and it's the best book I've ever read.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

Eeyore. I love my own company. I don't need anyone else to entertain me.

* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Monty Roberts. He is a horse trainer who has spent his whole life revolutionising the way people train horses - out in the wild rather than being broken by forceful means.
Read the complete Q & A.

--Marshal Zeringue