Saturday, January 22, 2011

Erica James

Erica James' novels include It's The Little Things (2009) and The Queen of New beginnings (2010).

From her Q & A at the Independent:

Choose a favourite author and say why you admire her/him?

It's almost an impossible task, but if forced I'd say Agatha Christie. Having written a mere 15 novels – compared to her 75 – I'm in awe of such output and the enduring quality of her work.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

Mary Poppins. Because, as anyone will tell you, I am practically perfect! Joking, of course.

* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Olga Korbut. I was 12 years old when I watched her compete in the 1972 Olympics and was spellbound. She astounded everyone by doing a back somersault on the beam – it had never been done before – and it made me want to be a gymnast.
Read the complete Q & A.

--Marshal Zeringue