Monday, April 8, 2019

Shelley Sackier

Shelley Sackier is the author of The Freemason's Daughter, Dear Opl, and the recently released The Antidote.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: How did you create the world you write about in The Antidote?

A: Sometimes I feel I spend more time on researching my books than I do actually penning the story. But this is where I feel most creatively inspired. I seek out books, experts, and places within the world that will formulate a setting which is the ground where I plant my narrative seeds.

It feels rather effortless to choose a canvas where the sphere of the story will unfold, as long as I pursue those old textbooks, or hedge witches, or biologists, or crumbling castles and steep myself within them. The world is rich with hidden realms waiting to be discovered. I love the...[read on]
Visit Shelley Sackier's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Shelley Sackier & Haggis.

My Book, The Movie: The Antidote.

The Page 69 Test: The Antidote.

--Marshal Zeringue