Sunday, August 25, 2019

Louisa Treger

Louisa Treger's new novel is The Dragon Lady.

From her Q&A with Deborah Kalb:

Q: You note that the idea for this novel came from a question a friend asked you: "Have you seen Zimbabwe's secret Monet?" How did that question lead you to writing this book?

A: The “secret Monet” was allegedly hidden in the vaults of the National Gallery of Zimbabwe to keep it safe from Robert Mugabe, who was then president.

I have family in Southern Africa and on a trip to Harare, I managed to access a few of the “secret” paintings. There was no Monet, but I did see works by Renoir and Durer among others, donated to the Gallery by Sir Stephen Courtauld and his wife, Virginia.

My curiosity was piqued and I began to research Stephen and Virginia. The more...[read on]
Visit Louisa Treger's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Louisa Treger & Monty.

The Page 69 Test: The Lodger.

My Book, The Movie: The Lodger.

My Book, The Movie: The Dragon Lady.

--Marshal Zeringue