Thursday, April 8, 2010

Emily Woof

Emily Woof has acted in such films as The Full Monty, Velvet Goldmine, and Wondrous Oblivion.

Her debut novel, The Whole Wide Beauty, will be published in the US in May by W.W. Norton.

From her Q & A with The Independent:

Choose a favourite author, and say why you like her/him

Richard Ford is one of my favourite writers, and I really love Chekhov; he is so kind to all his characters.

* * *
Which fictional character most resembles you?

The cute answer is that I would apsire to be Mrs Dalloway but I probably end up being more like Mrs Pepperpot.

* * *
Who is your hero/heroine from outside literature?

Some of the mums that I know that manage life brilliantly, working and looking after the kids and running a home and staying sane.
Read the complete interview.

--Marshal Zeringue